Part of having a great time is enjoying MillerCoors products responsibly, which is why we work hard to continuously grow our alcohol responsibility programs. Our strategy focuses on two main areas: drunk driving prevention and underage access prevention. We are committed to the safety of our consumers and those around them, and we work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to meet that charge.
Our commitment to responsible beer marketing and consumption is rooted in these core beliefs:
- We believe that with great beer comes great responsibility.
- We recognize that our beers are enjoyed responsibly by millions of adults every day.
- We engage consumers and stakeholders, and we work collectively with them to promote
- responsible enjoyment of our products.
- We care about the harmful effects of irresponsible beer consumption.
- We respect that beer consumption is for legal-age adults and is a matter of individual
- judgment and accountability.
- We ensure that our marketing practices comply with laws, regulations, and voluntary
- advertising and marketing codes.
- We value responsibility in our business culture, and our employees demonstrate high
- levels of conduct.
Pledge to be Responsible
I pledge to always take a cab, bus or train, or to have or be a designated driver, because with great beer comes great responsibility.
MAKE THE PLEDGE
Thank you for your pledge to plan ahead. Please spread the word. Together we can work to prevent drunk driving and help keep our communities safe.
2020 Goal: Activate Programs in Top 100 Markets Annually
Our commitment to responsibility comes to life through programs we activate in local communities across the country. That’s why in 2015, we set a goal to execute a meaningful alcohol responsibility program in each of our top 100 priority markets annually. On the map below, the green dots represent markets where we’ve executed at least one responsibility program this year, and the red dots represent markets where we are seeking to activate later this year. For more information about the alcohol responsibility programs that we’re implementing in these local communities, please visit our Drunk Driving Prevention here.
View a larger version of this MillerCoors Map.
From 10 to 20 Million People Strong
In 2014, we provided 1.4 million people with opportunities to take advantage of a safe ride program. That brings our cumulative total to more than 13.7 million people since 2009, and it means we exceeded our goal to be 10 million people strong against drunk driving by 2015.
As part of our strategic plan for responsibility, we set a 2020 goal to encourage 20 million people to participate in planning ahead and taking a safe ride home.
National and State-Specific Alcohol Statistics
Gain an understanding of the progress that has been made to reduce drunk driving and underage drinking at the national and state levels. For statistics click here.