Civic Leadership in our Hometown Communities
We solidify our position as civic leaders through support of select programs with significant and enduring relevance to our headquarters, hometown and brewery communities.
MillerCoors is proud to call Chicago our home. Chicago is a culture-rich and diverse city with world-class performing arts, professional sports and an amazing water way and lakefront. We want our hometown communities to thrive, which is why we direct our investments where it’s needed most, toward economic empowerment, civic leadership and water stewardship. A few examples of our nonprofit partnerships include:
- Chicago United: MillerCoors partners with Chicago United in its efforts to promote multiracial-leadership in business and economic opportunity. We support their Five Forward program that helps minority owned companies build their business acumen while developing strategic business ties within the community.
- Cara: MillerCoors strengthen communities through economic empowerment by partnering with organizations like Cara. Through their rigorous program, Cara inspires motivated individuals to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty by transforming their lives and forging a path toward successful job placement and retention.
- Shedd Aquarium: As part of our water stewardship strategy, MillerCoors partners with the Shedd Aquarium to help raise public awareness and develop solutions for the city’s conservation challenges. During Water Stewardship Month in September 2015, MillerCoors Chicago-area employees rolled-up their sleeves and partnered with the Shedd to remove nearly 1,000 pounds of trash from the shores of Lake Michigan.
We have been brewing beer in Milwaukee, WI for more than 160 years. We grew up with this city and our beers have been a part of many milestones and celebrations. As a way of giving back to the city and people that have given us so much, MillerCoors is deeply invested in the Milwaukee community.
- South Shore Beach and Bradford Beach: MillerCoors has partnered with the Milwaukee County Parks and the UWM School of Freshwater Sciences to revitalize two beaches along the shores of Lake Michigan. We are committed to ensuring that the water quality of our beaches is the best in the nation. Because of funding from MillerCoors, Bradford Beach has received Blue Wave Certification and is considered one of the best beaches in America. With our recent investment at South Shore Beach we are working towards the same outcome.
- United Performing Arts Fund: Miller Lite has been the presenting sponsor of the UPAF Ride for the Arts for more than 25 years. It is one of the largest one-day recreational bike rides in the country and has more than 6,000 riders. There are 15 premier performing arts groups in Milwaukee that benefit from the Ride for the Arts. MillerCoors recognizes the important role that these organizations play in making Milwaukee a great place to live, work and play.
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin: MillerCoors was the first corporation in Milwaukee, WI to join ARCW in the fight against AIDS over 35 years ago. And we continue that legacy of support as the presenting sponsor of AIDS Walk Wisconsin and the ARCW Make-A-Promise Gala. Through its integrated medical, dental and mental health clinics along with its pharmacy and dedicated social services that include food pantries, a legal program, and social work case management, more than 3,300 HIV patients in Wisconsin gain the health care and social services they need for long-term survival with HIV disease from ARCW.
Our Golden office has a long history of community support in Colorado. A few examples of our nonprofit partnerships include:
- Traxion: MillerCoors partners with Traxion to harness entrepreneurship and innovation in the Golden community. Traxion helps Golden start-up companies take root and thrive by investing seed capital and connecting participating companies to experienced business mentors and strategic partners to position entrepreneurs for success.
- The Women’s Foundation of Colorado: Just like MillerCoors, the Women’s Foundation of Colorado is committed to boldly leading systemic change to help women reach their full potential. We are proud to help the Foundation in its pursuit to partner with nonprofit organizations that provide job training, education, and career counseling to foster economic self-sufficiency.
- Emily Griffith Technical College: MillerCoors recognized long ago the important role that workforce development and water plays in shaping the future of Colorado. Since the inception of the MillerCoors Water Quality Management program at Emily Griffith Technical College nearly three years ago, over 50 graduates have gone on to build careers to protect the most important ingredient in our beer.