Drunk Driving Prevention
MillerCoors works with law enforcement, community organizations, government agencies, and our distributors and retailers to educate the public and develop initiatives to help prevent drunk driving. Combined with our responsible marketing practices and our efforts to prevent underage access, our drunk driving prevention programs are giving people the tools they need to make safe, responsible choices.
Pledge to be Responsible
I pledge to always take a cab, bus or train, or to have or be a designated driver, because with great beer comes great responsibility.
MAKE THE PLEDGE
Thank you for your pledge to plan ahead. Please spread the word. Together we can work to prevent drunk driving and help keep our communities safe.
MillerCoors flagship Free Rides program works in partnership with public transit systems to provide safe rides home for fans and consumers. Since its inception 28 years ago, MillerCoors has provided safe rides for more than 5 million people in 26 cities.
In 2015, we provided 683,704 Free Rides and launched nine new programs in partnership with Miller Lite, Coors Light and Leinenkugel’.
Safe Ride Partnerships
We have established partnerships with alternative transportation companies, including taxi services and Uber, to help us provide safe rides to more people in more communities
We have established partnerships with alternative transportation companies, including taxi services and Uber, to help us provide safe rides to more people in more communities. In 2015, MillerCoors teamed up with Uber in more than 100 markets and more than 23,000 consumers took advantage of a discounted ride.
- Discounted Uber rides were available to fans in Charlotte, North Carolina; Chicago; Dallas; Green Bay, Wisconsin and New Orleans through MillerCoors professional football team alliances.
- College football fans had the opportunity to take a discounted Uber ride in Indianapolis during the conference championship games.
- Coors Light and Miller Lite offered Uber discount codes for safe rides on Thanksgiving weekend in more than 20 cities through social media and at retail locations.
- Attendees at 55 independent U.S. Marine Corps Birthday Ball events nationwide received discount codes for Uber rides.
MillerCoors also continued our relationship with 1-800-TAXICAB, a national dispatch service that connects callers to locally owned cab companies to provide easy access to safe transportation and discounted fares.
Designated Driver Programs
Together with professional sports leagues and event venues, MillerCoors promotes designated driver programs and encourages fans to enjoy the game responsibly. Throughout 2015, 222,735 fans pledged to be designated drivers online and at our sponsored sports and entertainment venues.
- Nearly 2,300 hockey fans pledged to be a designated driver during the NHL’s Bridgestone Winter Classic and NHL All Star Game.
- More than 40,000 consumers pledged to be responsible through our third annual Miller Lite Ford F-150 Designated Driver Sweepstakes and our first Coors Light online designated driver sweepstakes.
Miller Lite at Opening Day
As the season opened for professional baseball, MillerCoors stepped up to the plate to make sure baseball fans enjoyed the game and made the right call to get home safely. Baseball fans in Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, Denver, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Phoenix were encouraged to pledge to be designated drivers.