Great Beer Great Responsibility
Sustainability at Miller Brewing Company
As a citizen of Milwaukee, we work hard to make a big impact on our economy and our communities, because with great beer comes great responsibility.
A few key facts:
- Milwaukee Brewery achieved Zero Waste to Landfill status in 2014.
- To help protect and sustain the supply of our most essential ingredient, the brewery reduced water usage by greater than 31 percent in the past two years alone.
- MillerCoors Milwaukee hosts an annual Earth Day event to support the River Revitalization Foundation.
- We host a Great Water Month community event annually each September.
- MillerCoors is a civic leader in the Milwaukee community, providing support to numerous philanthropic events and programs, including significant sponsorship of UPAF Ride for the Arts, Milwaukee County Zoo, AIDS Walk-Wisconsin, Bradford Beach and South Shore Park cleanup. Annual Free Rides programs ensure safe transport on New Year's Eve and St. Patrick’s Day.
- The Milwaukee campus is a strong supporter of the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha, with more than 50 percent of employees participating in the annual campaign.
- MillerCoors Milwaukee employees consistently commit more than 20,000 hours of volunteer hours annually to our community.
Miller Lite Free Rides
Miller Lite was proud to sponsor 2017 Free Rides programs on New Year’s Eve in Milwaukee, Chicago, the Twin Cities and Dallas. Together, more than 5.4 million people have taken advantage of Free Rides in 26 cities in the past 30 years.
Miller Lite Free Rides® celebrated 30 years of responsibility on New Year’s Eve in Milwaukee.
Great Water Month
Our largest annual internal volunteer event is Great Water Month, which brings together employees from across the country to help protect local water resources. This event, which is celebrated in September, encourages each and every employee to become a steward of water.
This year, employees from Milwaukee worked with the River Revitalization Foundation on Milwaukee's Lower East Side to plant, clear trails and remove invasive species from the waterfront. Learn more about other projects completed across the country.