Brewing a Sustainable Future
We define sustainability as making a positive and meaningful impact on the social, environmental and economic issues that affect our business, employees and other stakeholders. We've recently challenged ourselves to broaden our view on how we can build upon our heritage and advance our commitment to sustainability over the next five years. The pillars of our 2020 sustainability strategy were formed from the three areas where we can have the greatest impact. Read the report.
Part of having a great time is enjoying MillerCoors products responsibly, which is why we work hard to continuously grow our alcohol responsibility programs. Our strategy focuses on two main areas: drunk driving prevention and underage access prevention. We are committed to the safety of our consumers and those around them, and we work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to meet that charge. Our commitment to responsible beer marketing and consumption is rooted in these core beliefs:
- We believe that with great beer comes great responsibility.
- We recognize that our beers are enjoyed responsibly by millions of adults every day.
- We engage consumers and stakeholders, and we work collectively with them to promote responsible enjoyment of our products.
- We care about the harmful effects of irresponsible beer consumption.
- We respect that beer consumption is for legal-age adults and is a matter of individual judgment and accountability.
- We ensure that our marketing practices comply with laws, regulations, and voluntary advertising and marketing codes.
- We value responsibility in our business culture, and our employees demonstrate high levels of conduct.
Our environmental sustainability strategy strives to reduce environmental impacts at every stage of the brewing process and focuses on three main areas:
- Reducing water use in our manufacturing facilities and agricultural supply chain
- Reducing our carbon footprint across our value chain
- Eliminating waste at all major manufacturing facilities
The key to our success has been how well our employees share best practices and work together as a team -- not just in their breweries and operations but also across the organization. This approach has led to huge gains in water and energy efficiency while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and waste.
People and Communities
Our employees, suppliers and communities each play a vital role in making us who we are. To support these groups, the strategy of our people and communities focuses on three areas:
- Diversity and inclusion;
- Supporting diverse suppliers; and
- Investing in our communities
Our 2020 Goals
We embrace sustainability by promoting responsibility, protecting our environment and supporting our people and communities.
Reporting & Governance
Find current and past sustainability and other reporting information.
Learn about our progress made in 2014 toward our 2015 sustainability goals.
Materiality and the GRI Index
The Global Reporting Index (GRI) is the reporting framework recommended by the U.N. Global Compact. Learn more about our commitment to these standards.