Coors Light, Official Beer Sponsor of the NFL, Brings Game Day Dreams to Life with Third Annual Silver Ticket Program
New Versions Of Iconic Press Conference TV Spots Unveiled
With 10 Team Sponsorships, Including Super Bowl Champion New York Giants, The World’s Most Refreshing Beer Delivers the Best of the NFL to Fans, Distributors and Retailers Via Offline and Online Experiences
GOLDEN, Colo., Sept. 2, 2008 – Coors Light, “The World’s Most Refreshing Beer” and official beer sponsor of the NFL, is creating unique season-long experiences that will excite fans, retailers and distributors across the country, highlighted by new versions of its iconic press conference television spots, featuring Super Bowl-winning coach Brian Billick, plus Jim Mora and Dennis Green.
In addition, Coors Light is the exclusive beer sponsor of NFLatino.com, the only website in which fans can see the top NFL plays of the week in Spanish.
“Coors Light is answering the demands of NFL fans by giving them unique access to any game, all season long, with the Silver Ticket program,” said Lee Dolan, vice president, Coors Family of Brands, MillerCoors. “Our NFL sponsorship, combined with our local team deals, positions Coors Light to deliver un-matched experiences for fans, plus brings the power of the NFL shield to distributors and retailers.”
Coors Light’s unique experiences are designed to deliver to NFL fans unrivaled access to their favorite sport:
• Silver Ticket Promotion: Throughout the season, Coors Light will give away more than 200 pairs of 2008 regular season tickets and 500 NFLShop.com gift certificates via the Silver Ticket sweepstakes. Specially-marked packages of Coors Light and Coors Banquet Vented Wide Mouth Cans and Cold Activated Bottles will have an official entry code that drives fans online to coorslight.com to enter, or fans can text their entry code to 745837 (Silver), where legal.
• NFLatino.com: Coors Light, as the official sponsor of NFLatino.com, brings exclusive coverage of NFL's biggest events to Latino NFL fans—narrated in Spanish. NFLatino.com is the host site of the NFL's official Fantasy Football in Spanish and is the only place where Hispanic consumers can get a behind the scenes look at top Hispanic players and see videos, replays and highlights of past week’s games, as well as Spanish live news, stats and scores of the NFL games.
• Fantasy Football widget: A Coors Light-branded widget will be available via NFL.com, giving fans real-time scoring updates and fantasy links. The widget will also be available at myspace.com/coorslight, where fans can download them to their profile pages.
• Local team sponsorships: Partnerships with the Super Bowl champion New York Giants, as well as with the Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints and San Diego Chargers, provides Coors Light with customizable local market opportunities by featuring team names and logos in advertising, promotional activities, packaging and in-game media signage and placement.
• Season kick-off: Coors Light is partnering with the NFL to bring a made-for-TV music entertainment event featuring Usher, Keith Urban and Natasha Bedingfield to New York’s Columbus Circle on Thursday, Sept. 4.
Silver Ticket entry codes are available at participating retail stores, as well as at participating bars and restaurants in select states through October 31, 2008. For complete official rules on Silver Ticket and to see an interactive map highlighting where in the country winners are coming from, plus to download team schedules, please visit www.coorslight.com. Consumers can also visit the website for information about entering without purchase.
Built on a foundation of great beer brands and more than 288 years of brewing heritage, MillerCoors continues the commitment of its founders to brew the highest quality beers. MillerCoors is the second largest beer company in America, capturing nearly 30 percent of U.S. beer sales. Led by two of the best-selling beers in the industry, MillerCoors has a broad portfolio of highly complementary brands across every major industry segment. Miller Lite is the great tasting beer that established the American light beer category in 1975, and Coors Light is the brand that introduced consumers to refreshment as cold as the Rockies. MillerCoors brews full-calorie beers Coors Banquet and Miller Genuine Draft; and economy brands Miller High Life and Keystone Light. The company also imports Peroni, Pilsner Urquell and Molson Canadian and offers innovative products such as Miller Chill and the Sparks line of caffeinated alcohol beverages. MillerCoors features craft brews from the Jacob Leinenkugel Company, Blue Moon Brewing Company and the Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Company. MillerCoors operates eight major breweries in the U.S., as well as the Leinenkugel’s craft brewery in Chippewa Falls, WI and two microbreweries, the Leinenkugel’s 10th Street Brewery in Milwaukee and the Blue Moon Brewing Company at Coors Field in Denver. MillerCoors vision is to become the best beer company in America by driving profitable industry growth. MillerCoors insists on building its brands the right way through brewing quality, responsible marketing and environmental and community impact. MillerCoors is a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company.